2013年5月16日星期四

school absolutely fabulous Vogue Fashion


   CAN Ergen, Turkey, leaned forward, as if you a secret. "Vogue is a storyteller," he said.

Ergen, 21, is one of 45 students who recently took the first Vogue 10 weeks certificate course in fashion Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design magazine in Soho, London based, just minutes from Vogue House.

I'm sloppy as soon as I walk through the doors of the university. Keep to the I advise myself for hours the day before and seemed better suited in my dimly lit room feels uncomfortable in shabby lights Vogue.

The lobby is of mirrors that dominates create the illusion of a large, well-lit room. As I'm in the middle of the room, surrounded by reflections of my shaggy itself, I realize mirrors are also a gentle reminder to students not in school in jeans with holes or stained blouse visit.

Officially, the area of ​​East OCN Level 4 Certificate in Fashion (Vogue) (QCF), the short course, which costs £ 6,600, was announced by Nicholas Coleridge, chairman of Condé Nast International designed.

A one-year course costs £ 24,000 is provided in October 2013.

The certificate is valid for the operation of the international fashion calendar, the retail of luxury and high-street fashion design and art direction, brand marketing, and thus practical exercises, workshops, visits and conferences designer personalities in the industry.

Ergen is one of three boys who attend the course and the Vogue described as the "fashion bible".

He said he wants to learn the "way of Vogue" for the study of communication and fine arts at the Academy of Bordeaux in France and teaching art and fashion Parsons, School of Visual Arts and the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.

"In our daily lives, we wear on our body art. Fashion is an art form and a way to communicate," he said. "I think we are really happy to see the inside of Vogue," he added.

When I was in the building that looks more like an art gallery in the school led me, I feel like I have to see the inside of Vogue. The library is littered with glossy magazines, coffee table books and "look books" and is by far the most crisp archives of the University, with its stacks of books.

The main conference room where the great and the good of the industry gathered for the opening of school is subdued, with interactive screens that adorn its gleaming white walls.

Mirror paneled doors remind me again my appearance below normal.

As I presented to the students, I am for a number of beauties malnourished Burberry macs before and sweaters Chanel.

"I thought it was going to be like The Devil Wears Prada. Absolutely terrifying," says 24-year-old Camille Lappierre, Nimes.

"I was surprised at how friendly everyone was surprised. I know it sounds like a cliché but it's true."

I must humble when I discover are just as serious and confident that the students who I was when I began my studies was in philosophy. Aged between 18 and 32, there is a real sense of camaraderie between them.

Although more than half of the students from the UK and Europe, some traveled from as far away as the United States, Mexico, South America, the Middle East, the Far East, Turkey, Eastern Europe and Australia for the course. International mode is 23 different countries, of which presented no higher fees.

One of the latest is here Alice Carver, 19, from London. Alice is fresh out of sixth form. They decided to follow the course of 10 weeks during his time off, while they want to decide what career path they follow.

"University is UK £ 9,000 a year. I did not want to go to college for three years and study a topic I have not entered," she said.

"It's good to be surrounded by people who love the same thing. Everyone wants to be here, nobody is going to study. There is no rivalry. Everyone is looking for what everyone else is doing and what the experience that everyone has . "

Of course, the students look like they just got off the podium, rather than in front of the No. 38 bus.

"The night before I throw all my clothes on my bed and find you had to wear the right outfit," says 18-year-old Julia Wood, from Cape Town.

"Everyone has a style and a different way, but I always feel like I can not wear my sweater with holes in."

The Condé Nast College team of the client Susie Forbes, a former deputy editor of Vogue, deputy director Dr. Gary Pritchard, who served as dean, art, media and design, along the University of Wales, and Course Director Angela Jones, a academic adviser at the London College of Fashion and the Domus Academy in Milan.

Fashion design, publishing, fashion and fashion business: The program is broadly divided into three areas.

According to Forbes, the school is small enough that even if they can not adjust the course for each student, they can afford to be light on your feet.

Alexandra Shulman grass complete three projects over the next 10 weeks as they cover learning initiatives, they can choose how the work is presented.

"We find our strengths and develop them. This encourages us to be more confident in ourselves," Carver said.

The college - whose loans an iPad for each student for the duration of the course - also initiated discussions Twitter for students every Monday morning (week 1: When celebrities are fashion designers) as a means of integrating social media into student learning.

The prospectus of the university promises "unrivaled industry leader connections and partnerships, and a unique approach to fashion insiders."

"Condé Nast only would you be able to get all these connections and all of these possibilities to see what happens in the industry," says 22-year-old Deanne Benares, the Philippines, sees rates as a way to the fashion journalism.

"I love how you can put together something intellectual and creative thing," she said.

Forbes has assured me that his students are not treated differently when they apply for jobs or internships at Condé Nast Publications.

"You can not be applied in the same way as any other, but they are not an exemption," she said.

"It's really important, not a promise to make someone an internship or a job because people start buying during the training and use us as a stepping stone."

Instead, she believes that the certificate for students the variety of jobs that exist in the fashion industry highlights. "As a first step in this world, it's a real revelation for the students," she said.

At the end of the tour, I spit a dazzling entrance Condé Nast and bright, the dusty streets of Soho, disheveled my outfit right at home again.

I'm with the students the passion and commitment of Forbes, a feeling in my gut tells me impressed that the candidates who will be tried by the legendary brand, and £ 6,600 a pop, this brand is incredibly expensive. However, the rubbing of the aristocracy of fashion has never go too cheap, is not it?

Cynicism aside, the course offers an exciting approach to the assessment and teachers who are well placed to help students with their feet in the door of an industry that is notoriously exclusive.

As Forbes right, they whistled through the revolving door of Vogue House as we speak.


没有评论:

发表评论